Microsoft Hatred FAQ

joe at invalid.address joe at invalid.address
Tue Oct 25 12:00:58 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:56:28 -0500, joe wrote:
>
> > Yes, I know, they can do whatever they want, it's not a crime,
> > etc. However when they use their market position to disallow
> > competition, it sounds to me like they're worried about something,
> > and trying to squelch it.
>
> But that's the whole point: they *can't* do whatever they want,

They've been pretty much doing just that for a long time. The "it's
not a crime etc" part was to deflect parenthetical arguments that
confuse the issue. In other words, I was recognizing that a lot of
people don't think what MS does is a crime, and until MS gets
convicted of a crime, it's a matter of opinion. I was trying to say
something else.

> and certain behaviours *are* crimes. Just because Microsoft
> executives wear business suits instead of torn jeans or dirty
> sweatshirts doesn't make them beyond the law.

Maybe, but good lawyers might :-)

Joe
--
Gort, klatu barada nikto