Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 09:09:30 CEST 2005

Simon Brunning <simon.brunning at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/28/05, Steven D'Aprano <steve at removethiscyber.com.au> wrote:
> > > If *real* private and protected are *enforced*, Python will be the
> > > poorer for it. See
> > > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/b977ed1312e10b21>.
> >
> > That's a wonderful, if long, essay.
>
> That's the Martellibot for you. Never use a word where a paragraph
> with explanatory footnotes will do.
>
> Sigh. I miss him on c.l.py.

Why, thanks -- it's sweet to be missed!-)  I also had fun rereading that
little piece of mine...

Unfortunately my current presence is probably a somewhat short-lived
phenomenon (I just need a breather right now, but I'll have to plunge
back into Google work AND writing the 2nd edition of the Nutshell
soon...), but, for a short while, I'm back!

Alex