replacments for stdio?

Martin Miller ggrp1.20.martineau at dfgh.net
Thu Oct 6 12:23:44 EDT 2005

In what way would you like to get "stdin to work"? In Bryan's post in
the Application(Frame).__init__() he binds some lambda functions to key
strokes which allow control-C copying of text in the window.

Seems like additonal application-specific things might be possible, but
then the code would no longer be generic. Interaction with the main
application would likely be tricky because each output window is
lanuched as a separate process when output is first sent to it.

As far a redistribution goes, I would think anything posted to the
public comp.lang.python usenet newgroup is unencumbered unless the
author indicates otherwise -- or at most covered by the same open
source license as Python.

-Martin