Zope3 Examples?

Markus Wankus markus_REMOVEwankusALL_CAPS at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:47:47 EDT 2005

bruno modulix wrote:
> Markus Wankus wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anyone know of any good Zope3 examples?
>
> Ask the Zope mailing-list. Zope is a world by itself, and is usually not
> discussed here.
>
> BTW, Zope3 is a really really new thing, so you won't find much existing
> apps. When it's said that it offers 'the best from Plone', (s/plone/cmf/
> IMHO), it's about framework/system architecture, not OOTB application.

Will do - thanks for the info.

Yeah - I was wondering if that's what 'the best from Plone' meant after
I installed it - however there seem to be a lot of Plone people with
their backs up over Zope3 moving in on their territory.  If it doesn't
do all the cool GUI stuff (yet) I would think it could only be good for
Plone to move to Zope3 as well.  It would only make it faster and more
lightweight.  Ah well - off to the Zope mailing list.

FWIW - I shuddered at all the different Python web frameworks out there
and I didn't want to get into "coding" a site right away.  However - it
looked like I didn't have much choice so I figured if I was going to do
it I may as well go whole hog and jump into the uber-framework that is
Zope.  Perhaps I should give my head a shake and try out a nice, simple
alternative first.  I have a feeling I'll be trying out Snakelets.  I
really like the idea of a self-contained webserver that is
super-lightweight.

Markus.