OpenSource documentation problems

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Sep 1 15:05:25 EDT 2005

"Rocco Moretti" <roccomoretti at hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:df73m2$btd$1 at news.doit.wisc.edu...
> There is just one giant roadblock to that suggestion - Sourceforge
> requires a login to post bugs/patches.

After reading this and the rest of your post, and remembering others like
it, I decided this maybe is a real point.  Remembering that the site
invited emailed doc comments, I rechecked the About this Document page
referenced at the bottom of each doc page and found the following:

"General comments and questions regarding this document should be sent by
email to docs at python.org. If you find specific errors in this document,
either in the content or the presentation, please report the bug at the
Python Bug Tracker at SourceForge."

So I emailed a general suggestion (with specific wording ;-) that error
reports also be allowed via email -- and quoted your post to explain why.

Terry J. Reedy