authentication for xmlrpc via cgi

qhfgva at gmail.com qhfgva at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:06:13 EDT 2005

I'm using python 2.2 (hopefully we'll be upgrading our system to 2.3
soon) and I'm trying to prototype some xml-rpc via cgi functionality.
If I override the Transport class on the xmlrpclib client and add some
random header like "Junk", then when I have my xmlrpc server log it's
environment when running, I see the HTTP_JUNK header.  If I do this
with AUTHORIZATION, the header is not found.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Am I misunderstanding how to use
this header?  I'm guessing that Apache might be eating this header, but
I don't know why.

thanks,

dustin