Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Sep 30 00:55:57 CEST 2005

"could ildg" <could.net at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:311b5ce105092908332c12164c at mail.gmail.com...
>why is rails written in Ruby

Because the several people and groups of people who have written web
frameworks in Python used other names.

Python on Rails just doesn't have the same alliterative zing.

>but not Python since python is such a good language?

I have seen mention of 5-10 web frameworks in Python.

>This kind of variables can only be modified by the
> functions of the class itself.

Reading a private variable does not change it.
I am sure this covers at least some use cases of private var access.

Terry J. Reedy