Crypto.Cipher.ARC4, bust or me doing something wrong?

Michael Sparks michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 03:23:58 EDT 2005

Michael J. Fromberger wrote:
> Since ARC4 is a stream cipher, the keystream changes over time -- with
> ARC4, after each character enciphered.  To decrypt successfully, you
> need to make sure the decrypting keystream exactly matches the
> encrypting one.
> "\x05o\xd5XH|\xa4\xfc\xf7z\xecd\xe92\xfb\x05rR'\xbf\xc0F\xfc\xde"
> 'This is some random text'
> 'M|[bI\x1ciG6A]\x13Hz\xb0\x19\xca\xf1-\x9a\x1a2\x9e%'
>
> I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

Michael
--
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk, http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.