web scrapping - POST and auto-login

james <at> hal-pc.org james <at> hal-pc.org
Mon Sep 19 23:42:50 EDT 2005

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> "james <at> hal-pc.org" wrote:
>
>>   I'm trying to update the WEP key on a wireless router via script and
>>email the results to myself.  this will be run once a week.
>

> Look up Mechanize (http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/) or the
> more low-level ClientForm by the same author.  This will be _much_
> easier than doing it by hand.
>
> -Jonathan

what's the fun in that though? :)
actually, i was just looking at that site, which is where i came across
ClientForm.  i think it's getting confused..  picks up "save_button", but lists
it as "<IgnoreControl(save_button"=<None>)>"

the stray " is from:
<script>document.write("<input type=button name=save_button" + " value=\".....

if i can just get it to see that correctly, then i think i can make it work from
there.  any ideas on that?