web scrapping - POST and auto-login

james <at> hal-pc.org james <at> hal-pc.org
Mon Sep 19 23:44:05 EDT 2005

Max Erickson wrote:
>>>the entire 26 character string from site A, but [1] how do i
>>>crop it to 10 characters.
>
> strings are slicable:

The only reason i've gotten this far is a basic understanding of syntax and
programming in general :)
care to enlighten me a little on how to do that?

> As far as your other problem, it might make sense(I don't know...) to
> just generate the post request for saving the new password yourself
> and never bother with parsing/filling the form.

i'm not quite sure how to generate it from scratch.
thanks for the input/advice!