Python in C integration and WxPython

Alain Paschoud alain.paschoud at
Thu Sep 15 17:25:44 CEST 2005

Hi David,

Thanks for your answer, but I don't think the problem comes from which
Python version I use. I installed the Python from cygwin, but this
didn't change everything.

Finally, I fullfill the PYTHONPATH environment variable to make the
system finding the wx module. It is now able to find it. But after that,
the mode _core is called, and finally, the module _core_, which is not
found. The only _core_ file that I have is the "_core_.pyd" which is in
the wx directory. Of course, I added this directory path to PYTHONPATH,
but without any success.... is it because this is a .pyd file ?

Here are the logs I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 2, in ?
    import  wx
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\",
line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
line 4, in ?
    import _core_

Here is the result of the Py_GetPath() function:

Any hints ??

N.B: Same problem when I run the script directly with "python -v".