mod_python web-dav management system

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Wed Apr 19 09:17:06 EDT 2006

Damjan <gdamjan at gmail.com> writes:

>Now I've been thinking that it might be pretty easy to implement a
>authorization layer with mod_python (but living handling of the web-dav
>protocol to apache)... So, has anyone already done something similar?

Yup.  I'm in the process.  I'm using mod_python to do LDAP
authentication of WebDAV requests.

Now I just need to get a FUSE filesystem working and I should
be able to cobble together a "simple" DAV server...

It would be *so* much cleaner to have a total Python-based
solution (that could run as root) so I periodically check on
progress in this area.  I have high hopes for Twisted's DAV
server but I'm told it's not ready for use yet.  In another
thread I just learned about PanDAV
	http://ivoras.sharanet.org/projects/pandav.html
but I haven't installed it yet.

--kyler