minidom + wxPython woes

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Apr 8 03:39:11 EDT 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/6fc1097d26083e43/5fbdf493f3c38942?q=&rnum=1&hl=en#5fbdf493f3c38942

> In my case, it turned out to be a bug in the pyexpat module - it is
> known about, but for some reason difficult to fix, so it is still
> there.

no, it's not a bug in the pyexpat module -- the problem is that
wxPython uses it's own incompatible version of the expat library,
and loads it in a way that causes problems for any library that's
tries to use its own statically linked version.

see MvL's comments in the sourceforge tracker for more info.

</F>