Python 3.0 or Python 3000?

Sergei Organov osv at javad.com
Tue Apr 11 01:40:50 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:12:58 +0200, Benjamin Niemann <pink at odahoda.de>
>>
>> That's actually the versioning scheme of TeX, currently being at 3.141592
>
> 	<eeek> My last exposure to TeX was some 15 odd years ago; and even
> then it was just rudimentary stuff fed through LaTeX.

It's total nonsense as LaTeX is a bunch of macros written in TeX the
language. If you meant TeX the interpreter of the TeX the language (a
program), then it's total nonsense again, as interpreter is not
(usually) fed through anything.

Latex the program just loads LaTeX macros into the TeX interpreter
before the document to be processed, so one may say LaTeX is fed through
TeX, but not vise versa.

Anyway, it's unfair to speak of one of the most wonderful pieces of
software ever written in such a tone.

-- Sergei.