(was Re: Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism)

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Apr 29 01:39:09 EDT 2006

"Tagore Smith" <tagore at tagoresmith.com> wrote:

> Try
> sending mail to abuse at (any of my) desmesne(s). You won't get a
> response- in fact, no-one will read your mail.

Then you come close to being RFC ignorant IMO. Couldn't be bothered to
check it out.

> I'm not sure that Xah's post was offtopic, and I am not sure how to
> determine that objectively.

An excessive crosspost is hardly ever on topic.

> I am sure that it was excessively
> crossposted. I also know that Xah was posting to Usenet a long time
> before you,

Could be, oldest post I could find of myself:
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.acorn/msg/c1a1f50a7fc6f3a4?
dmode=source>

But is this a pissing contest?

> and that he will still be posting to Usenet long after you
> have given up in disgust, no matter who you complain to.

I doubt it. I am still "here" after 14 years.

> Crossposting is bad, unless it serves a specific purpose- Xah's post
> obviously doesn't. I dont like people reporting on Usenet posters to
> their ISPs, but... I can't really complain about that. Crossposting is
> not good, without a really good justification.
>
> But you are complaining about the content of his posts, and harassing
> his ISP based on that.

Again, learn to read: I reported excessive crossposting, period.

> Would you like a Usenet campaign started to disrupt your internet
> access? You would be angry if that were done, and justifiably.

Last time something like that happened the culprit lost his account. So be
my guest.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/