help wanted regarding displaying Japanese characters in a GUI using QT and python

prats pratik.ganguly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 00:06:25 EDT 2006

No I need to replace the text given by the user in the GUI by a new
text already in ISO-2022-JP encoding. Then I would have to redisplay
this new text. I explain in detail. I have a text file(say) which has
something written in it using base64 encoding and using charset
ISO-2022-JP. I want to display this data in the GUI.
What I did was first to read in the text and then decode it using
'decodestring' function of base64 module in python.
"
import base64
decoded_string = base64.decodestring(encoded_string)
"
here the encoded string is the text that was read from the file.

How do I display this decoded_string to the GUI?

~pratik