Convertion of Unicode to ASCII NIGHTMARE

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 12:37:27 EDT 2006

Oh, and it occurs to me, as I seem to have mentioned a document about
PgSQL rather than pysqlite (although they both have the same principal
developer), that you might need to investigate the client_encoding
parameter when setting up your connection. The following message gives
some information (but not much):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/f27fa9866c9b7b5f

Sadly, I can't find the information about getting result values as
Unicode objects, but I believe it involves some kind of SQL comment
that you send to the database system which actually tells pysqlite to
change its behaviour.

Paul