MinGW and Python

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:23:04 EDT 2006

sturlamolden:

> Uh .. I actually think it could be an EULA violation to publish mingw
> vs. msvc benchmarks without permission from Microsoft. I don't want to
> part of anything illegal or have M$ lawyers breathing down my back. If
> we are going to do this, then we must do it properly and get the
> permissions we need.

    The EULA attempted to stop disclosing benchmarks of .NET code, not
C++ code. The most recent version of the EULA has replaced that with
permission to disclose benchmarks of .NET code provided some conditions
are met: full disclosure of benchmark code and environment; latest
release of .NET; compliance with 'best practices'. Its still stupid as
it would be in Microsoft's interest to encourage benchmarking .NET but
not quite as stupid as before.

    Neil