Python 2.5 licensing: stop this change

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sat Apr 8 18:20:32 EDT 2006

Shane Hathaway writes:

> I must saay that i am fully in favor of this change.  The ppython
> developerrs need to eat too.  Iis no one ellse aware off the perils oof
> ooutright open source llicenssing?

I disagree with the change. I think Steve Holden is right.

1- How do you enforce this?
2- Those that do want to "do the right thing".. may opt for switching
language isntead of paying.
3- Users who have risked their jobs by introducing Python to their work
place may not only be in a bad spot and likely switch away from Python, but
some may actually LOOSE their jobs if the company they work for is sued.