import help

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon Apr 10 22:54:47 EDT 2006

placid wrote:
> I have the following class code for a Node for a Linked List, (saved in
> node.py)
>
> class Node :
>     def __init__(self,element):
>        self.element = element
>        self.next = None
>
> then i have another module called LinkedList.py, with following code
>
> import sys
> import node
> def main():
>    print "Does nothin ATM, as it doesnt work"
> main()
>
> the problem im having is that im getting NameError exception when i run
> LinkedList.py "global name 'Node' is not defined"
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is here?

I have trouble believing you.  I suspect you are telling us what you
think is happening, and leaving something vital out.  In particular,
cut and paste the traceback.

Here's another experiment, interactively do:

     import node
     print node.__file__

Perhaps that will tell you something.

--Scott David Daniels