mod_python and PHP sharing same session

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Apr 3 11:32:57 EDT 2006

Scott wrote:

> I am trying to get a mod_python application to read an existing PHP
> session.  I need some data that was set in the session by the PHP
> application.  I am using the mod_python Session class but even when I
> specify the session id that PHP uses the Sesssion(req, sid) call
> returns a new session id.  The session file exists in /tmp as
> mp_sess.dbm and I have verified that PHP is reading/writing it and from
> what I have read mod_python will use the same file.

Where did you read that? I seriously doubt that - simply because the
internal representations of data stored in sessions are most likely
incompatible between python and php - not sure what mod_pythonuses, but I
guess pickle. And php will use whatever php uses.

So - if you already know the session file, you'd might be able to parse it
yourself. Alternatively, you might consider using cookies for the shared
state.

Diez