Python editing with emacs/wordstar key bindings.

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 01:28:17 EDT 2006

Yes, but for some reason, I get more and better help here with Python
than on xemacs.   Or maybe I've just had bad luck. Something like the
following just leaves me scratching my head. I'm on Windows XP and
never compiled anything that I know of.  I'd rather pay $30 and have
the editor work.

"BartlebyScrivener" <rpdool... at gmail.com> writes:
> I tried searching on this but I don't see exactly my error message.
> When I open a php file for editing, I get: "file mode specification
> error: (void-function run-mode-hooks)"

> What line do I need to add to my .init file to make this stop?

You are using .elc files compiled with a different version of Emacs.
Recompile them.