Forms with multiple submit buttons vs 'form' objects with single 'submit' methods

Thu Apr 13 17:02:29 EDT 2006

<neil.fitzgerald at ic.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:1144956412.286214.316800 at u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> Hi all,
>
>   I'm using pywin to write a script that will commandeer internet
> explorer to go to a certain website, where it will navigate menus, post
> forms, and eventually retrieve certain data.
>
>   Here's my question:  Suppose a form has more than one submit button.
> Now the COM 'form' object has a 'submit' method that doesn't take any
> arguments, so how do I tell it which button I want to press?
>
>   I'll be *unbelievably* grateful, for the rest of my natural life, to
> whomever has the answer to this.
>
>   (Yeah, I realize it's more of a COM question than a Python question.
> If you know of a more suitable group, or a website where such questions
> are dealth with then by all means redirect me.  I'll be exceedingly
> grateful, though perhaps not for the rest of my natural life.)
>
> Neil

Perhaps instead of trying to contort IE to your will, you might take a look
at twill.  I think it will do what you need in a much less roundabout way.

-- Paul