Using pyinstaller to create an .exe, when using win32com

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Tue Apr 11 20:05:10 EDT 2006

kbperry wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am pretty confused on this?
>
> While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
> every time I run it.  It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
> have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
> normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly.  The
> dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
> some data from a file.
>
> Has anyone else tried to use this?  What is the best way to create an
> .exe when using the win32com module?  I found makeExe.py that uses
> py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either.  I did some
> searching, too, but to no avail.

MakeCOMServer.py hasn't been touched (nor tested) since I started maintaing
PyInstaller, so it might well be broken in some way. If you provide me with a
complete bugreport (on the pyinstaller list, or as a ticket in the pyinstaller
bug system) I might have a look. Alas, I have little time to spend on
PyInstaller at the moment, but I'm eventually going to tackle this.
--
Giovanni Bajo