how relevant is C today?

Sun Apr 9 18:05:59 EDT 2006

Mirco Wahab wrote:

> At which level in the 'python challenge' did
> you get stuck - and why?

Ugh, don't remind me! :)

I'm stuck on level 12, which is yet another image processing puzzle. I'm
getting tired of those, and I think it's really a shame that there is a
reliance on image puzzles rather than simply doing some coding to figure
out an algorithm, for example. (I really enjoyed writing my own function
to figure out the Morris sequence.)

Level 11 was an image puzzle that I flat-out cheated on to move forward,
and now here I am again at 12, another complex image puzzle, and I can't
find the answer for it. If anyone feels like emailing me with the
solution, I certainly won't be offended. :)

I just hope that later puzzles stop relying on PIL and start requiring
that you do some real coding with other modules, or even with just the
core language itself.