"The World's Most Maintainable Programming Language"

Mirco Wahab peace.is.our.profession at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 05:18:55 EDT 2006

Hi Ralf

>>  Perl, named after Pearl Biggar (Larry Wall’s fiancée),
>
> His wife was Gloria since at least 1979, perl was published
> in 1987.  This seems to be an insider joke (he wanted to call
> the language "Gloria" first, then "pearl", then "perl").

Thanks for pointing this out ;-)

This makes perfectly sense - then. I mean, its
'chromatic' who wrote about that, so at least
something has to hide in each of the jokes ;-)

>>  set a high standard for naming techniques.
>
> So we should rename Python into Cottonmouth
> to get more attention.

No, always take some word that relates to
something more or less 'feminine', its about
96% of young males who sit hours on programming
over their beloved 'languages' ;-)

Pythia? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythia)

Regards,

M.