Queue can result in nested monitor deadlock

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 17 14:26:33 EDT 2006

"Jonathan Amsterdam" <jbamsterdam at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1145284326.177062.230120 at v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
> As I'm new to the Python community, I'm not sure that this is the right
> forum for this suggestion. Is it the sort of thing one would put on the
> SourceForge bug list? Advice appreciated.

As a sometimes bug reviewer who has noticed that a substantial fraction of
'bug' reports do not actually report CPython bugs, I wish more people would
do as you did and post here first and get opinions from the wider variety
of readers here.

A CPython bug is a discrepancy between a reasonable interpretation of the
doc and the behavior of the CPython implementation.  Your post did not even
claim such a discrepancy that I could see.

A request for a design change can be put on the RFE (request for
enhancement) list.  Patches, whether to fix bugs or implement enhancements,
usually go on the patch list.  Note that you do not necessarily need to
convince people that the current design is 'flawed' to demonstrate that a
change would be good.

Perhaps your recipe should be added to the oreilly online python cookbook.

Terry Jan Reedy