Using Python To Create An Encrypted Container

Paul Rubin http
Sun Apr 16 11:11:12 EDT 2006

Michael Sperlle <sperlle at yahoo.com> writes:
> If I could create a large file that could be encrypted, and maybe add
> files to it by appending them and putting in some kind of delimiter
> between files, maybe a homemade version of truecrypt could be constructed.
> Any idea what it would take?

If by container you mean a user-level file system with transparent
encryption, there are a bunch of ways to do it, but it's system
hacking, Python doesn't come into it much.  If you just want an
encrypted archive, then put your files into a normal zip file and
encrypt the zip file.