Truly platform-independent DB access in Python?

bobrik boris.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 03:01:06 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am using the Python DB API for access to MySQL. But it is not
platform-independent - I need a module not included in Python by
default - python-mysql, and it uses a compiled binary _mysql.so. So it
is not platform-independent because for each web-server on different
platform, I would have to download it and extra compile it specifically
for that platform. Do you know of any Python solution for MySQL access
that is 100% platform-independent?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Boris Dušek