Client/Server Question

diffuser78 at gmail.com diffuser78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:02:28 EDT 2006

> The recv() might return "MaxiSimDriving Sim". It could return
> "MaxiS" on one call, and "im" on the next. If the remote side
> closes the connection, recv() will keep returning the empty
> string, and your program will be stuck in an infinite loop.

How to overcome this problem ?

> Did you understand Faulkner's suggustion? Anyone who connects to
> TCP port 2000 can invoke "shutdown -s" (which I assume shuts down
> your host).

I did, anyone who connects to port 2000 might be able to send a
shutdown and close the computer. I am aware that its not the best way
to achieve this but my app runs on a small network without actually
connecting to internet.

Can you give any tips to overcome the above mentioned problem.