Add users to directory/folder and set permissions in Windows

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 04:09:40 EDT 2006

[Adam Jones]

| Gallagher, Tim (NE) wrote:
| > I was wondering if there was a way to add a user in active
| directory to
| > a folder and set the permissions.
|
| It should be possible. If you can use VBScript or JScript it will be
| easier to find resources for those. You will probably need, at the
| least, the win32 extension for Python, which you can find here:
| http://www.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/
|
| A quick google search for "python active directory" turned up the
| following page, which would probably also prove helpful:
| http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/ad_cookbook.html

I must shamefacedly admit that the active_directory module
which that page represents is a little stale. It does work,
but I haven't even added in the one or two patches people
have sent. Welcome to use it, but YMMV.

Try searching the python-win32 archives for posts by Roger Upole
(or anyone else) on the subject of AD and/or security.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk