pycrust xmlrpclib problem

Pat pobrien at orbtech.com
Tue Aug 15 10:10:27 EDT 2006

Timothy Gee wrote:
> Have do a lot of lab work making use of xmlrpclib and am quite
> dependent on it. I just started working with pycrust under Linux RH9,
> and wanted to use it as my standard python environment, however, when I
> import xmlrpclib, I get a segmentation fault. Command line still works
> fine however. Details for pycrust are:
> PyCrust 0.9.5
>
> Yet another Python shell, only flakier.
>
> Half-baked by Patrick K. O'Brien,
> the other half is still in the oven.
>
> Shell Revision: 1.9.2.10
> Interpreter Revision: 1.6.2.1
>
> Platform: linux2
> Python Version: 2.4.1
> wxPython Version: 2.6.3.3
> 	(wxGTK, unicode, gtk2, wx-assertions-on, SWIG-1.3.27)
> Linux Info:
> Linux rtphostb06 2.4.20-18.9 #1 Thu May 29 07:08:16 EDT 2003 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds?
> -Tim-

It works fine for me on Windows XP with wxPython 2.6.2.1, so you may
want to report this on the wxPython mailing list and see if anyone else
has the same problem.  Unless you've already done that.  I haven't been
actively involved with wxPython in some time.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech       http://www.orbtech.com