Permission Denied

AlbaClause you at cogeco.ca
Sun Aug 20 05:50:00 EDT 2006

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <cPRFg.1547$dB.1365 at read2.cgocable.net>, AlbaClause wrote:
>
>> Then, to execute the file from from the shell prompt, I had to create a
>> 'bin' directory in my home folder, cuz I didn't want to litter
>> my /usr/local/bin folder with useless Python scripts.
>
> Executable files can be kept anywhere, you don't need a special directory
> for them.

Yes, I know, but if you want to just enter the filename at the shell prompt,
the file has to be somewhere that it can be found.   Otherwise you get the
dreaded "command not found" error.  Unless I'm doing something wrong?

There are several things that I will never be:
  *  I will never be attracted to females.
  *  I will never enjoy the company of others.
Exactly how these realities bode for my enemy, is not of my concern.