Problem installing Python 2.4.3 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p31

rainbow.cougar at gmail.com rainbow.cougar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:48:02 EDT 2006

jamesuh wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> > james at uh-hosting.co.uk schrieb:
> > > I assume this is related to the configure warning... ?  Same error with
> > > just a standard "./configure" and "make".
> > >
> > > Any help would be great :)
> >
> > If you don't need the curses module, go on with the installation.
> > It's a known bug in FreeBSD's curses header file.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Martin
>
> But I cannot continue because it seg faults and does not continue the
> make - Forgive my ignorance, but how do I prevent the curses module
> from being included?

There is some severe problem here. I have this very version of Python
on a FreeBSD 5.3 system (I'm typing on it now) and didn't have this
problem. I think you may have some conflict in your object libs.

If you don't need tkinter you can go to one of the FreeBSD ftp sites
and download the packaged binary version.