How ahead are you guys in the (Python) real world?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Aug 29 09:00:36 EDT 2006

On 28 Aug 2006 20:13:54 -0700,
	Ray <ray_usenet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Since I haven't used Python at work, I am using Python 2.5 right now.
> However I wonder, how fast are you guys moving from version to version
> at work?

At our company, we build a product on top of Debian (product line 1)
or Ubuntu (product line 2, not released yet), so we stick to what's
available in the Debian/Ubuntu versions we're using.

That means 2.3 on Debian and 2.4 on Ubuntu.  2.5 will probably arrive
whenever we upgrade to the upcoming Ubuntu release, though I've
already tried manually upgrading a system to 2.5, and our code ran
without changes or apparent problems.

--amk