distributing modules to machines

r1pp3r rog3r.day at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:00:35 EDT 2006

I'm in the the process of designing a build system written in python.
It runs from a central server with various build machines hosting
server processes, written in Python. Pyro is the chosen RPC mechanism.
What I would like to do is have the system update itself on demand. In
other words, pass pickled objects (the code comprising the server) down
the pipeline to the server, have them copied to the right place, and
then restart the server which can then invoke the new code. Is this
feasible? Will there be any other issues involved?