Basic import Questions (with bonus profiling question)

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:02:24 EDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> several seconds?  sounds bad.  what does the following script print on
> your machine?
>
>         import time, subprocess, sys
>
>         t0 = time.time()
>         for i in range(10):
>             subprocess.call([sys.executable, "-c", "pass"])
>         print time.time() - t0

It prints 1.92199993134
What does that mean?

By the way, I thought I was importing just a file path from a module
but like you said it was importing the entire module.  I got rid of
that import statement and the time dropped from 7 seconds to 1.5
seconds.

Any other tips for speeding up python load time for IIS?  (I mean
really simply tips, I don't have time anything soon to fool with
fastCGI for IIS or setting up ASP)

-Greg