Programming newbie coming from Ruby: a few Python questions

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Aug 2 13:37:36 EDT 2006

> The Ruby crowd says you guys are no where near as friendly as
> them! I was half expecting a nervous breakdown after writing
> my first post here.

Maybe the Ruby folks have to be friendlier to make up for their
language of choice... :*)

The python mailing list is your pretty typical technical mailing
list:  if you do your own homework, state your problem clearly
(with full error messages, actual data, not writing in
AOL/133t-speak, etc), and have already tried searching the
web/docs, then you'll find folks here are quite helpful.  Not
just helpful, but *fast* in their helpfulness too.

-tkc