Programming newbie coming from Ruby: a few Python questions

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 23:26:19 EDT 2006

For a tutorial  try the Python Tutorial @ http://docs.python.org/tut/

For a book try "Learning Python" from O'Reilly Press

For reference try the Python library reference  @
http://docs.python.org/lib/lib.html

For another good book  try "Dive Into Python" @
http://diveintopython.org/
It is a book you can view online or download for free. It is written by
Mark Pilgrim. If you like it, please support the author and buy a
printed copy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590593561/ref=nosim/102-5606503-6853720?n=283155

Also take a look at common recipes on how to do things when you get
more used to Python @
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/

Hope this helps,
Nick V.