wxPython Install

Dr. Philipp Walderdorff ph.walderdorff at medway.at
Wed Aug 16 06:01:48 EDT 2006

Hallo James

I had the same problems. But I could solve them.
The problem which is left: I do not know exaktly how I solved it.

I have tried a lots of times, two weeks or fight against dependency-problems.

In FedoraCore5 I did:

yum update yum
yum install python
python-2.4.2-3.2.1

yum install python-devel
python-devel-2.4.2-3.2.1

you need
gtk+-1.2.10-50
and
glib-1.2.10-18.2.2
which was  already installed by FedoraCore5

with wxPython I had a lots of problems. Lots of tries to install from the
tarball with lots of dependency-problems.
http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

Now I have got
wxPython-2.6.3.2-1.fc5
installed, but, excuse me, I really don't know anymore what at least helped.

Did you solve your problem?
Because I am writing a documentation for wiki I could need your experience.

Thanks
Philipp