Python Editor with Autocorrection

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Aug 22 21:04:46 EDT 2006

"Ravi Teja" <webraviteja at gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> Most good editors (Scintilla based editors, Emacs, Vi etc) have
> auto-completion for symbols that have occured in the current file; and

What I find really useful in emacs is completion based on *all* open
files (usually I have maybe twenty files open at once).

> some advanced IDEs (PyDev, WingIDE, SPE, Komodo etc) will auto-complete
> to some degree based on your imports through static analysis.

Pythonwin also does that, I'm told.  Emacs can do introspection-based
completion.  The support in emacs was a little clunky, and I found
dabbrev-expand much more useful anyway.

John