Adding a char inside path string

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Aug 17 10:30:32 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-17, Sybren Stuvel <sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination> wrote:
> Dennis Lee Bieber enlightened us with:
>> 	What happens when you get a pathname that looks like:
>>
>> \\who\cares\common.exe\program.exe
>
> Is that possible on Windows?

Sure.  Why wouldn't it be?

> At one point, I named a directory "www.something.com" and then
> it wouldn't open, because it was an invalid .COM file...

Works fine for me.  I just created both directories and plain
text files named something.exe and www.something.com and both
worked fine under WinMe and WinXP.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Well, I'm on the
                                  at               right planet---everyone