Windows vs. Linux

Edmond Dantes edmond at le-comte-de-monte-cristo.biz
Tue Aug 1 12:12:00 EDT 2006

Dan wrote:

> But taken out of that context, I'll challenge it.  I was first exposed
> to Python about five or six years ago--my boss asked me to consider it.
> What I found was that the current version of Python was V2.2, but newest
> version (that I could find) that ran on VMS was V1.4.  I decided to
> stick with Perl, which provides excellent support for VMS.

What, you couldn't just take the latest source for Python and compile it
under VMS?

:-)

I say that in jest, but I am surprised there were no Unix/Linux libraries
available for VMS, which would've made the port easier -- and more up to
date.

--
-- Edmond Dantes, CMC
And Now for something Completely Different: