X windows and Python?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Aug 15 14:48:06 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin wrote: > I'd like to program my Python script to put a
string into the X > windows cut buffer.  Can anyone suggest the
simplest way to do that? > Maybe I can do it by putting up a Tkinter
text widget, sticking the > string into it, and selecting it (I'm
checking the docs) but uggh. > I'd prefer not to have to put anything
on the screen.  I just want to > put the string into the cut buffer so
I can paste it into another > program.   Maybe this does what you need:
 http://python-xlib.sourceforge.net/  David