merits of Lisp vs Python

Paddy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Wed Dec 13 04:24:16 EST 2006

On Dec 13, 8:39 am, g... at mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2006 18:03:49 -0800, "Paddy" <paddy3... at netscape.net> tried to confuse
> everyone with this message:
>
> >There are a lot of people that use Wikipedia. I think some of them
> >might want to learn to program.
> I think you misunderstood the goal of Wikipedia. It is not to teach people
> programming.
You think wrong. Wikipedia articles get searched and links get
followed. Its good
for some of those to link to articles on Python.

> >I make it easier for them to find
> >Python by helping to maintain Python within Wikipedia.
> If someone wants to find Python, he types "Python" in the search bar and works
> from there. He certainly wouldn't end up in "doctest" article.
If someone is looking up comments or testing, then they might well end
up reading
the doctest article. And why not!

Does Lisp have similar?
Is the Lisp community as welcoming?
Do you have to think yourself a genius to join the club?
Is Lisp approachable?

> >Some people dislike Wikipedia which is fine. Some people dislike
> >Wikipedia and deliberately sabotage it, which is vandalism.
> Writing vanity articles about non-notable things is not much better.
Should I have asked you first ;-)
- Paddy.