Getting started with the Python source

dakman at gmail.com dakman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 13:56:59 EST 2006

Actually IDLE was written purley in python, you can find the sources to
it in...

UNIX: /usr/lib/python<version>/idlelib
Windows: C:\Python<version>\Lib\idlelib

If you are looking to modifly mostly just the IDE I would start there,
however if you are more interesting in modifying python Itself just
look around in the sources, it should be relativley easy to find.