Good Looking UI for a stand alone application

Vincent Delporte justask at acme.com
Mon Dec 18 02:57:02 EST 2006

On 17 Dec 2006 21:20:14 -0800, "tleeuwenburg at gmail.com"
<tleeuwenburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>You could write it as a web app, with an executable which launches the
>server and points a browser at it.

Right, I was thinking of this too, but since the OP was talking of a
fat app...

>Python GUI work is a bit of a drag, really. One of the worst things
>about it, IMHO.

But then, it was built for write text-based scripts. I assume someone
could take it, and turn it into a GUI-based solution for Windows, but
it's probably quite a lot of work, and maybe there just isn't anyone
willing to pay for it. It'd be cool, though to be able to just send
someone a 10KB GUI Python script and have it run in Windows natively
:-)