Common Python Idioms

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 7 21:09:46 EST 2006

"Stephen Eilert" <spedrosa at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a list somewhere listing those not-so-obvious-idioms?

They're only not-so-obvious to those who learn one version of Python
and then ignore release notes on future versions. The "k in some_dict"
was a wonderful thing to read in the release notes, and I was glad
enough that I never forgot it :-)

Hmm, that sounds rather snarky. I guess I'm only saying that one's
duty to oneself as a programmer is to keep up with the improved idioms
as they appear in new releases of one's language of choice.

--
 \         "Money is always to be found when men are to be sent to the |
  `\   frontiers to be destroyed: when the object is to preserve them, |