write an update manager in python/wxPython

m.errami at gmail.com m.errami at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:07:07 EST 2006

Hello all
I have a small application for which I would like to write an update
manager. I assume that the basics of it is to compare versions of the
user's current application and a new one store in a new file on a
particular URL.
Now is there any standard way to do that. I am sure I can figure out
something. But instead of designing something new from scratch that may
end up to be full of bugs, maybe some existing classes in python,
wxPython or within the win32com package exist.
Any thoughts?
Thank you all

M.E.