python-hosting.com projects: dead?

dwhall dwhall256 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:57:12 EST 2006

My project was temporarily disabled as well even though I had taken
measures to block spam and had committed to svn and edited the trac
wiki one day before.  I was a bit concerned that maybe webfaction had
lost my trac and svn during their house cleaning.  But I emailed Remi
and he had it going again promptly.  They provide a great service for
free and they give back to the Python community.  They deserve our
thanks and our patronage.

With regard to how they handled it, I think they chose an effective
method.  Why should they support projects (for free) that aren't
active?  So just disable the project to see if anyone cares enough to
find out why it's gone.  Ever so slightly draconian, but good for
keeping a clean house.  I'm glad they have done this cleaning work, the
server seems much more responsive now; no more errors from trac.

!!Dean